Tabakalera, International Centre for Contemporary Culture
EMOTIONAL is a programme of public activities that will reflect on the crossroads between emotions, storytelling (audiovisual, political, corporate, etc.) and social relations.
EMOTIONAL brings together the most intimate and most public, with research spanning from how our brains work, to the relationship between emotions, societal values, and the law. We will discuss robots and emotions, how the emotional profile of the Basque working class was forged, emoticons, photography, human bodies and faces, love in the age of capital, how a film editor creates a dramatic arch, and embarrassment (felt for others). We will practice vulnerable honesty while learning how to communicate non-violently.
Through various disciplines, international specialists will share their experience in the fields of neuroscience, psychology, artificial intelligence, jurisprudence, philosophy, history, photography, cinema, humour, art, performance, essay-writing, sociology, and non-violent communication.
M.25 > 26 Franziska Rautenberg
- M.26: 19:00 Lola Cañamero
- WX.27: 19:00 Ana Pfaff
- TH.28: 19:00 Joan Fontcuberta
- F.29: 18:00 Talk – discussion: Martí Manen and Emilio Moreno
- F.29: 19:00 Christian Salmon
- SA.30: 11:00 Talk – discussion: Sara Hidalgo and Eloy Fernández-Porta
- SA.30: 12:30 Talk – discussion: Garbiñe Biurrun and Daniel Vanello
- SA.30: 16:30 Talk – discussion: Lisa Feldman Barrett and Emilio Moreno
- SA.30: 18:00 Sociología Ordinaria (Amparo Lasén and Antonio A. García)
- F. 29: 11:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 Clara Amaral
- SA.30: 11:00 12:00 13:00 17:00 18:00 19:00 Clara Amaral
- SA.30: 20:00 Eloy Fernández-Porta
- M.25 – SU.30 Arthur Elsenaar and Remko Scha, Face Shift
- M.25 – SU.30 Mika Taanila, Thank You for The Music – A Film about Muzak
For more information